Mo Crafty...Mo problems
My apartment has seen better days. My craftiness has taken over! So I started the cleanup effort last night, but not until I got one little project thrown together. At the Light The Night Walk committee meeting someone mentioned needing somewhere to put cotton candy as it's spun. You know, make a few and set them somewhere so people don't have to wait. Of course I piped up with "oh yeah, super easy, just cut some holes in a box". Way to go Shannon, just volunteer yourself why dontcha? Actually, I don't mind as much as I sound like I do. I just didn't really realize I was volunteering myself at first. But once I did, I really got into it. I can't just take a carboard box, cut holes in it and call it a day. That's NOT how I roll. I want everything for the walk to be cute and fun and enjoyable. This includes the cotton candy holder. I used some extra spray paint I had, painted the box, printed out a cute little sign that I made on the computer, and then used extra muslin to make rosettes and a border. Then I drew circles on the top with a silver Sharpie and cut an X in the middle of each. That way you can push the pieces down and the sticks will stay in place. I'm not really sure how big they are so I wanted it to be somewhat adjustable. As Denise said, it's like a straw hole in a cup lid. Now tell me you wouldn't want to be served cotton candy from this thing!



Want to see what else I did yesterday?! Head on over to the crochet blog here to see! Crafting is just too much fun!!!! (I never thought I'd say that)
*Update*
It worked!! Here it is in action at the walk. Of course, the cotton candy was so popular they hardly had a chance to display it before it was taken, but I have to say I'm pretty proud.
Linking up to the Polly Want a Crafter link party. It's only the second one they've ever had so check 'em out!
No comments:
Post a Comment