Thursday, February 14, 2013

New Blobsession Rant

Well now that didn't come out quite right. Blog-Obession is what I'm trying to say. And I realize this post is going to get ranty. Apologies beforehand. Is anyone else out there like me? I am horrible about links of blogs to other blogs. I follow a blog and it mentions another blog. Chances are I'll click on over and spend hours reading every post they ever wrote. By the end of the day I know like the last 3 years of your life. And I've lost about 12 hours of my own life. Because I'm obsessed!!!

Some of the time I read it and think ugh, I hate you. Because I'm jealous of you. You know like the young chick I read all about and how she found these really affordable designer clothes (meaning she spent about $1000 on 4 sweaters) which are like the same price as getting the cheap crap at Nordstroms. Only these are so high quality! I think she'd probably throw up all over my $12 blazer from Body Central or faint when I tell her my biggest shopping sprees involve going through the clearance sale at Express with a $20 Christmas gift card and picking out one choice item. Them's my fancy clothes! Yep, I know my clothes are cheap. Yep they fall apart after about 3 months of wear. Do I dry clean my fancy clothes and tuck the shoes in little pillow pockets in my perfect walk in closet? No way man. Because I have approximately $12 a month to splurge on an item of clothing and that's if I cut back on my lunch time Cherry Cokes which is quite the sacrifice if you know me. So I get upset that other people can actually spend a day walking into stores and purchase itemS...with an S! You get the gist. I'm poor with middle class taste.

In all of this blog stalking, envying, and crying a little inside I found a few rays of light that made it onto my follow list. I'm a glutton for punishment because some I envy are also on my follow list, but that's a subject for my therapist. When I get one. I digress.


Here are my two favorite blobsessions in recent history.
Pink Stripey Socks

Pink Stripey Socks
This one is the most recent one I discovered but I love it!! She seems so real and down to earth. I mean get this...She calls her crafts  "Crapts" because she makes them out of crap. Like REAL crap. The kind of crap I actually have around my house! Hey I have cereal too! And it comes in boxes! Holy crap you can make something out of that and it looks decent?! Amazing!!! It's not at all like Well of course you will have a pile of scrap pieces of knotty pine laying in your fabulous 3 car garage so go out there and use your Ryobi tools, your $300 spray painting gun (amazing price on sale yay!), and one of the 7 gallons of no VOC paint in Nate from the latest Nate Berkus line to whip up a little army of Valentines toads for your mantlepiece. Aren't they so adorbs?!  Umm...what if you have cardboard laboratory supply boxes from moving in a year and a half ago. And what if you can't paint or alter your walls in any way shape or form. What if you have a total of 3 colors of acrylic paint because every time you try to do a craft involving paint it ends in hulk-like rage and half a bottle of paint gooped all over something that used to resemble wood? Speaking of wood..what if you don't have any? Or a saw? Or a place you can use a saw? Or a place you can actually spray paint for that matter? Well Leslie answers all those questions by making things out of cardboard! And food coloring! And she makes face masks. Lots of lots of face masks! (Not like costume ones, but like oatmeal and chocolate ones) And guess what, she doesn't say they're the most amazing thing she's ever tried. She says, sure tasted yummy but my face looked the same. Just like what I say whenever I try a home skin remedy. Gosh I sure do enjoy this kiddo. She's great. Go check her out and blog stalk her with me. Then we can admire her from afar together. Makes me wish I lived near New Jersey. I think we'd be friends.

Ok so anyway, the second one that has me hooked is actually an archive now. Sad sad face :( But I do have a few years of posts to get through so for awhile I'll be entertained. 
Regretsy

Yep, that's a photo of their book from Amazon. Hey I never promised you a tech genius. It's the best descriptive pic I could find. In any case, this is just hilarity at its finest. As the name suggests, it's all the crap people try to pawn off as handmade arts and crafts on Etsy. And Etsy hates Regretsy. But one of my favorite categories so far is the Compare and Save posts. The ones where they prove that people claiming to handmake this junk are actually just reselling cheap stuff. And then it tells me where to just get the cheap stuff. Bonus! *Adult warning* There are plenty of adult themed pieces and some good ol' fashioned swearing. But I have been lolling for hours. Not at work though. Of course not at work. :|

I'll leave off my ranting for the evening, but I really do highly recommend both sites. In fact, I have a craft from miss pink stripey that I'm going to try out very soon and I'll share if it works out well. And I have another craft I did the other day that didn't totally suck so I'll share that one soon too. So much blogging to do, so little time, and so few who care. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment