Wednesday, March 25, 2009

So Far So Good!

I fully don't expect regular blogging to last long if my history with journals shows anything. I'm going to try my gosh darndest though! It might even be a fun experiment to see how long I can keep it going. :)

I guess since I mentioned my TPS friends before I should maybe explain. TPS stands for The Performer Studio where I take voice lessons and what not. I'm in a fun group class that meets once a week for 3 hours to basically do performing boot camp. The chicks in my group are some of my new favorite people in the WWW (whole wide world)! We've started doing a section of the class fashioned after American Idol. Each class we sing a song we'd picked from the week before then Kait assigns a genre and we pick a new song for the next week. It's definitely gotten me to start practicing more since I don't want to be the one fool who is unprepared. These girls are all so good it really helps me step up my own game. Last week was Stevie Wonder week and I sang "I Wish". I totally dig that song. This week is country week and I'm singing "Bring Me Down" by Miranda Lambert. It's been more of a challenge than I thought it would be but I'll only be stronger for it! TPS has helped me find something I love that I can do in my spare time and feel good about it. Thanks Sam for getting it going with your birthday gift! It's a lot of work, but it sure is fun.

Last night was Lorie's Girlfriend Birthday Party. Lorie is my roommate, Melissa's, mom and she's killer. She turned 50 and wanted to celebrate all the areas she loves about her life so of course that means Lots 'O' Parties!! We went to the club Habit's by my house & learned how to twirl around on a pole. It was loads of fun but hardly anything someone would have paid money to see. lol This Saturday will be the Decades party where everyone dresses up with a different decade's fashion. I should get some great pictures from that one.

It's been kind of a slow, boringish day so there's not much to write about. I'll finish off with a coolio quote. I'm such a quote slut. I love 'em! One of my favorites:
"Whether you think you can or you can't, you are usually right."-Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment