The Thompson Twins are way underrated. Hold Me Now is a totally deep song! Go ahead, listen to the words the next time you hear it. You'll agree I swear.
So the Decades party was a blast! Melissa and I went all 80's and she even costume changed in the middle. Everyone actually went all out. there were some awesome costumes! I can't think of a single party at Lorie & Harry's where I haven't had the best time. Good people, good food, good drinks and lots of good laid-back times. I love it! As soon as I get some pictures from Melissa I'll throw a couple on here.
Speaking of parties, tonight is my mom's 60th Birthday Celebration with the Girls! Can you believe the woman has never had a pedicure? Don't worry, that is being remedied ASAP. 60 years without a pedicure...ouch. I'm way excited!!
Ok, I have a quick issue to throw out there. So what the crap is up with the fashion industry's skewed vision of "affordable"? I read this article today about dressing for interviews and everyone in the article was an wearing outfit worth at least $1k. These people are out of a job, one of them a law student (think of the bills!), and they can afford to spend $350 per shirt? Best of all, they think I can. Ha ha ha...such a funny joke! That's natural right? I'm out of a job so I'm going to spend 2 months rent on a single outfit. At least then I'll be stylish when I'm homeless. I love my girly magazines, but when I see articles about finding less expensive versions of designer clothes, their "steal" is still out of reach. Splurging, to me, is paying upwards of $60 for one piece. (Which I very rarely do. The clearance rack is my home) I'm hardly the most fashion forward person, but I can find outfits you wouldn't shake a stick at and they're rarely more than $100 from head to toe. They're good quality pieces, they're just not made from real bits of panther. For example, White House Black Market has absolutely adorable dresses. The ones on clearance are always super cute and not usually more than $50 or so with the catalog coupon. You get a $200 dress for $50 or less! That's a my version of a shopping spree. I'm in my mid-twenties. The last thing I need is a quadruple bypass from looking at a little white tag. I know I can't be making that much less than other people my age. My bills are definitely existent, but I don't even have a mortgage, a new car and a family like most of the people reading these articles. So what is the amazing secret to having that kind of green to throw around excluding utilizing a sugar daddy? Plastic? If that's it, why do I see an article about staying financially responsible on the very next page? Hypocritical much? I mean really people...come on. Can the normal people of the world have some fun ideas too without having sell their gold fillings to Ed McMahon by mail? Maybe that wasn't so quick but damned if it didn't feel good. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment