Well goodness gracious! I haven't blogged in so very long, but my hot boyfriend, Jeff, reminded me that my blog exists and is waning. Although, he might just be hinting that I don't need to vent everything to him. ;)
I just got done reading Kami's blog and can I just tell you that she is high up on the favorite list? Man she cracks me up! I loved singing with her at her family's Christmas party. What a lucky gal to have such a fun family. Kami and her mom just warm my heart and make my cheeks hurt. (Not those cheeks...my face...from smiling...get it? Oh never mind.) Kami was super sweet and gave me an extra soft blanket that I've added to my livingroom blanket collection. Oh and of course the reindeer headband. How could I forget that?! Kami's mom, Kathy, gave me an adorable Santa Claus pillow and single handedly doubled my Christmas decor collection. Sidenote: Kathy's condo rocks and I want one just like it. Is that creepy? As long as it's not as creepy as the More to Love bachelor, I can deal with it.
Crafty Shannon's on the loose!! I decided to get back into crocheting. When I say get back I really mean get "into" because I was hardly what you would call "into" it to begin with. I basically chained my way through a couple of scarves, but now I'm going for the gold and making an afghan. After a rocky start (crochet patterns are pretty much Greek to me), I'm getting in a groove. After this afghan it's going to be a cute baby afghan for my new baby nephew who's still baking in the oven at the moment. Then I have some more ideas for things for me and some things to donate. Let the crochet wind take me where it will.
Speaking of crafty, I'm learning to quilt as well. Aimee, from work, is a super-quilting-hero. A few of the girls from work decided we wanted to learn and volunteered Aimee to teach us. It's been a blast getting together to quilt and have girl time. I look forward to doing lots of quilts. But these aren't going to be your grandma's quilts made of old jean patches and random fabrics you find around the house. Oh no. I'm going for a modern quilting approach. Don't think that exists? Well you're probably right. But I'm going for it anyway. I'll post pictures of my projects as I get them done. In fact I'm almost done with our first project, a table runner.
I had a great year-end meeting at work today that's left me renewed and looking forward to this new year. I have an awesome boss and she really makes me feel valued. Even when the typical office politics start to deflate your spirits, she can bring them right back up. I'm really lucky that way.
I have about a million things to say about my fave reality show Tough Love, but those will have to wait until I'm not busy with work. Besides, I've got to leave you wanting more right??
No comments:
Post a Comment