Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hold On

For one more day yeah...can ya hoooooold oooooon can ya hold on

Ok, sorry. Just flashing back to the good ol' Wilson Phillips days. And to clarify a questions asked to me before, yes I do like Wilson Phillips. No I don't mean Wilson Phillips when I talk about how I idolize the Wilson sisters. In that case, I'm referring to Heart. In fact the miscommunication kept going because when asked if one of the girls gained some weight I said yes. Now I realize that both groups had someone gain some weight. So there. Now it's clear for the world to see. Like=WP LOVE=Heart

Anyway, on to the reason for my post. I'm almost ready to head over to the kidney clinic. Yay! I met with the nephrologist, Dr. Lambert, yesterday and he said my nepher regions are lookin' good! (umm...that could be misconstrued huh?) He can't see any reason not to "forge ahead". (still misconstruable..oh dear) He says in some cases that it seems a donor has been pressured to donate from family and that's the point where he will make a medical reason exist so donation is impossible. He didn't sense that with me and hopefully the donor advocate won't either because it's certainly not the case. Every step along the way my dad has genuinely conveyed how I shouldn't do it if I have any doubts and that he would think no differently of me if I didn't. Duly noted. Now let's get on with it!

**Side note**I find it amazing what a small world we live in. Imagine my surprise when I read the guest post over at Honeybear Lane today and saw that her sister is going through the same thing. She's working on a paired donation for her precious little two year old angel. Just when I feel like I have it hard, I'm knocked down a peg or two. What a strong woman. You can read her post and give her some support here.

Today I'm off to see the coordinator, nutritionist, social worker, and donor advocate. And do some more labs. Which reminds me, I need to chug a cup of water. Every time I go in I seem to be asked for some pee. Yesterday I came darn close to not having any! I had only had a half a cup of coffee to drink so far that morning. I'm determined to have some today. Now if I can only hold On to it until I get there....

No comments:

Post a Comment