Friday, August 6, 2010

Random Thoughts for the Day

My mind has been full of random thoughts here and there so I'm going to purge them in this post. Get out your raincoats folks, here we go!

1.  Why has my eye been twitching all week? I could swear I've heard that it means you're lacking a vitamin or something in your diet. I know it's been a crazy week and I'm sure stress isn't helping, but I've gotten a good amount of sleep so I'm confused. very...very...confused. It's annoying regardless of the reason.

2. Hi everyone. My name is Shannon and I'm addicted to caffeine. I have known this for awhile, but I have a tough time breaking the habit. It might have something to do with the fact that I don't really try to, but who really knows for sure? I mean seriously. I realize how bad it is when I come to work in the morning and I have a massive headache and feel like I got hit by a bus. Then around 4 or so I'm going down like the Titanic (or insert a joke about a cheerleader on prom night. Take your pick). As soon as I have a Pepsi or a coffee I feel human. Not particularly sharp and energized, just human. I about passed out when the power went out and our computers worked because of the generator but the soda machine didn't. No lights in the bathroom is totally workable. No caffeine on the other hand... Bad sign guys. I have been better about not going to the gas station every day for my Cherry Coke fix. I get one two liter at the store when I go grocery shopping and I've done a good job of not buying more. I do treat myself most weekends though. Shame on me.

3. Everyone has probably heard me complain about this a time or two, but I'm so ready for people to stop claiming they have OCD just because they like things neat. You can be a neat freak without having OCD. OCD affects your ability to function in life. Everyone is picky about something or other. Personally, I like to help people shed. You know, like when they're walking around with loose hairs on their shirt. I'll stand behind strangers in a line and stealthely pick hair off their shirt. Does it give me OCD? Nope. If you believe something bad will happen, to the point of going into a panic, when you don't do a routine, THEN you have OCD. If you just get annoyed because you prefer things in a certain place, you're particular. End-O-Story. **disclaimer: I am in no way a doctor fit to diagnose or treat OCD. Niether am I an actor paid to endorse a product used to treat OCD. I could be wrong about my definition of OCD, but I'm not.**

4. Now for the most exciting news of ALL!! One of my favorite friends of all time, Kami and I started a blog about crocheting. Not your grandma's crochet though. This is all about how we make crochet hip and up-to-date. We're going to make things, talk about cool projects and ideas, and there's even going to be an "X Rated" section. It's the most fun you will ever have crocheting. Well, the most fun I will have and hopefully we can pass some of that on to you!! Check us out at:

http://notlamecrochet.blogspot.com/

We're even considering starting a little ladies crochet night. We'll have loads of fun and things that start with D. Namely Drinks and Doritos. Won't you join us? *crafty eyebrow action* mwahahahaha

1 comment:

  1. so. i'm comment making retarded as well. but here we go! i'm so excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete