Friday, October 1, 2010

As if I need a reason to talk about me....

I think I've mentioned a time or two about how I am addicted to craft blogs. I love seeing what comes out of people's heads. Ok...that sounds kind of gross. What I mean is, people's minds are so amazing and I really look up to that. So when I hopped on FJI today to check out the last few days of posts, she was inviting ME to talk about...ME!! My life is pretty much an open book already but I like to talk and mull over all the craziness in my head so, here we go!

Who I Am
I am Everyone USA. Sounds like a cop out right? It's not. Let me 'splain. In my high school years I truly believed I was soooo unique. All my angst and teenage drama seemed so unusual. No one could EVER understand. UGH! I couldn't wait to grow up and have all of it change. I was wrong. People are the same. Being older only makes you somewhat wiser. All of the "quirks" I see in myself, I see in many others. But part of what does make me unique is that I recognize that. I'm particular about certain things and on the hyper side, but not quick to say I'm OCD or have ADHD. (Those phrases are thrown around a lot and I always feel like telling people that they're just HUMAN. There's no pill for it and you don't get a cookie so get over yourself) Yes, I am everyone. But at the same time, I'm crazy, silly, me. I love my classic rock and singing karaoke. I love starting 32 projects at once and I love it even more when I finish one. I'm completely selfish too. I love helping out my friends and doing things for others. But my secret is that it makes me feel so good about myself that it's probably more selfish than anything else. I like my personality and even though I have down days, I have way more fun ones. I especially love it when my fun days are completely dependent on me and not on other people. I work well under some stress, but I don't do well when stressed out emotionally. I'm a sensitive person and although my skin is tougher than when I was young, I still take being disappointed or hurt pretty hard. Plus I can't communicate for crap when my heart hurts. All in all though, I like me.


Where I live
I live in Sunny SLC! Well for the moment anyway. Soon it will be freezing cold, "why do I stay here? I should really invest in snow boots" Utah. It's a beautiful state that I haven't always appreciated. Where else can you drive for 3 hours and end up in the most beautiful red rock desert area to camp? Then drive an hour away and you're in the mountains with the fall leaves changing color around the most peacefully quiet lake, enjoying the last bit of warm weather with no one around because tourist season is over. (keep an eye out for pictures from last weekend...coming soon) North, South, East, and West there are starkly different landscapes with any activity available that you could think of. It's like being able to take a legitimate vacation any time you want to take a 3 day weekend. If you want some city time, just go downtown and hop around a few bars and pubs for dueling pianos and the best martini's ever. We truly have it all. Now if we could just tone it down on the snow...lol

What I love about my home
I do love having my own space . It's amazing how big of a difference that makes. I also love that I'm self sufficient. I can proudly say that I'm able to provide a roof over my head and food for myself. I'm blissfully lower middle class. Of course it's not my ultimate goal. I would love more money, a house, a nicer car, a family, etc someday, but I've been worse off. I'm far from rock bottom and I'm damn proud of that.

My favorite room is
Honestly all of my rooms need some work decoratively. That's why I have so many projects going on at once! I plan to have my bedroom become my sanctuary though. My goal is to have it looking perfect before the surgery. Even though I'll be spending the first part of my recovery at my parents', I am looking forward to having a room where I can feel peaceful, relaxed, and heal. Plus it makes it easier to clean when you love the way it looks.


My Favorite thing to do DIY wise is
Crochet! Everyone knows that I'm sure. Why else would I have a crochet blog?
I also love baking and painting things.
I wish I knew how to

Use power tools, build things, and do what I do now but better. In the past I though I wasn't a crafty person. I'm still not SUPER crafty compared to so many people I see. In the past I told myself I'm not crafty. I would just buy the things I thought looked cute and never think twice about making it. I took on scrapbooking for about 5 minutes until I realized I would have to spend a zillion dollars on all the cute papers, stickers, etc. because I have no imagination and horrible handwriting. I kind of gave up. Then I started crocheting again last year. I got better at following patterns and my brain started to stray from the patterns. I combine and change and rework until my project looks exactly how I want it to look. Shortly after was my introduction to craft blogs. I realized there are so many people out there with brilliant ideas and best of all, they share them! It really inspires me to try new things. I still believe most of the things I do are mediocre, but I also believe I can get better. It's just too exciting. Having friends that share my passions also helps a lot. When I'm stumped on a project, that fresh pair of eyes comes in and gives me the perfect suggestion. I LOVE it.
Something you may not know about me is
I'm donating a kidney to my dad! Alright Alright, I know I've already done a million posts about that, but it's definitely top of my mind these days. Ok, what's really something people may not know? Honestly I'm pretty transparent. I definitely wear my heart on my sleeve. It's not difficult to tell what I'm thinking if you pay any attention at all. I crave attention and acceptance, but only from those I care about. Everyone else can shut their damn face. (name that show) I believe I have the greatest people in my life and I only want for them to be happy. My greatest joy is being loved and my greatest pain is when I've let one of those loving people down. I'm the type that is very forgiving of others, but really hard on myself. Like I said, probably already known but it's not an easy thing to admit to myself.

Why I love to blog
I love to read blogs more than I love to post. I like being able to spout off all my randomness in one place. I like getting it out and it makes no difference whether or not someone actually reads it. It's therapeutic. I like having somewhere to toot my own horn too when I've done something I would not have thought I could do. I love reading other people's blogs and seeing how much alike we all are. They are so inspiring and yet so human at the same time.
 
So that's me in a bloody big nutshell. Now I have to go check out everyone else's posts. (spoken by a not-so-closet blog stalker) Check it out yourself!
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/2010/09/3000-followers-event-all-about-me-link.html

4 comments:

  1. Miss working with you and seeing your cute face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too Rachelle! We need to hang out really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the energy this post exUdes. I did not know you had a crochet blog. (where have I been?) I love that you call your hyperness human and not the disease of the decade. I wish I could have donated a kidney to my dad, but his heart gave out before we got to that point. Sending you hugs and healing energy for those days ahead. And I am leaving your blog open just to enjoy the music I have not heard in too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the well wishes! i'm so sorry about your dad. what a tough experience to have to try to move on from. go crochet!

    ReplyDelete