I'm starting to feel like my kidney updates aren't updates at all, but really explanations of why I don't have updates. lol Honestly, though, we're making headway. You may remember from my last post that "C" was outtie 5000 and I was waiting for some news from "B". If you don't remember, check it out here in the Drama post. Well, I got a call from "K" center saying my case had actually been reassigned to "B-2". I call her "B-2" because both the guy they originally mentioned and this girl have names that start with a B. If you hadn't already guess that. (I know, I must think I'm writing for 3 year olds) "K" said she is an assitant director or some other title that begins with assistant. I forgot exactly what. I know, I'm really on a roll today. "K" had reviewed our charts and found that things looked really good. She had one regularly yearly test that she wanted me to sign a release form for so she could get it to my doctor. Of course I did that immediately. Otherwise she said that things looked good and we seemed to be ready to go to the selection committee. It's no secret at this point that I'm a little slow, but I thought it had already gone there. "C" told me weeks ago that it was going before the committee that week. I should have assumed when she kept telling me there were more tests to do, signatures needed, etc. that it meant there was no presentation to the committee. But I just now connected those two dots and my heart sunk a little. "K" was great and assured me that it's really more of a rubber stamp approval. She said our case looked really good. I did a little jig back to my desk (I'd taken the call in the conference room at work) and made everyone look at me funny. That is until I informed them of the good news. "K" was ready to get us on the table!
On my lunch break I spoke to my mom who asked if they had wanted to know anything about my dad's next cancer check up. He's been getting chemo every other week and his doctor previously told him things looked good enough to go ahead with the transplant process. That was back in May, though, and their next checkup is on Monday. Hopefully all is still well enough that he would be ready to stop chemo and get a new kidney. My parents plan on delivering the test results to the kidney center by hand on Monday. My mom called "B-2" who said that nothing about his most recent checkup or the upcoming checkup was mentioned in his chart. Awesome. But, from what my mom said, it doesn't seem that will cause any delay. Barring any crazy badness from that checkup, we're still on track for surgery this month. I was shooting for the week of Thanksgiving because that would work best with me scheduling time off and being back to work, but it seems they're booked that day. yeesh. Instead it might be the week after.
I can't express how exciting it is to actually be talking about scheduling. It's definitely crazy that in just a few short weeks we will finally be going through with the surgery. With doing the surgery this month, we're hoping to both be recovered pretty well by the time my sister comes to visit around Christmas.
I also can't thank everyone enough who has been so supportive during this process. It just lets me know how many wonderful people I have in my life and I couldn't be more thankful. I'm one of the luckiest people I know. Your thoughts and prayers are WORKING!!! Thank you so so so very much!
No comments:
Post a Comment