Alright so I'm a little bit of a cheater, cheater...well you know the drill. Let me explain. As you may have seen in a previous post, for Valentines Day Jeff gave me this beautiful pink gerbera daisy plant with a cute little smart ass comment about the plant representing love and not letting it die. Of course I was thrilled! And of course it promptly died. I was completely crushed and everytime I looked at the dried up plant with the little smart ass card I felt a pang of guilt. (I couldn't bring myself to throw it away) I mean I LET LOVE DIE! I went to Walmart today to grab some markers and Ta Da! Right in front of the store is a whole rack of gerbera daisies including a couple that were the exact peachy-pink color as the one Jeff had given me. I wrestled with my conscience for a minute. Do I buy it since I loved the other one so much? I mean it was such a cute color and I have always loved gerbera daisies. Or do I not buy it because I already screwed up the last one & it's wrong to get a replacement? I did say in my previous post that it wouldn't be the same. I'll let you take a wild guess what happened. Yep, I bought it. I took it home and transplanted it right away. Then I put the smart ass card back in. (insert your face palm/slow head shake here) Does it make me a bad girlfriend? Probably. But before you bang the gavel on my guilt, let me give my justification. #1-A big reason why I loved that plant so much was because it was a gift from Jeff. So when I see it, I think of him. Even though it's not the exact plant he gave me, it's like a reminder of that day. #1-A. The card is a part of that so it seems almost wrong to have the plant without his funnyness nearby. #2-It's a dang cute plant! #3-I screw things up all of the time but I'm willing to put in some effort to fix them. So that can count for love too right?
I can't explain how excited I am for Jeff's party! My mom is making a cake and I will have lots of pictures to show of the crafty stuff I did for it. Y'all will be so proud! My next crafty project, besides crocheting a blanket for my sister's baby, will be to scour through my new fave crafty blogs (see buttons on the left) and find a fun way to decorate the flower pot for my new plant. I figure I'll browse thrift stores and try to find some pot that can be turned cute along with a little stand of some sort to put it on. Then I'll try to follow the Shabby to Chic girls' example and transform them into a great display piece. Of course that won't happen until after vacation, but stay tuned because I'm commited to making sure it happens. If I'm going to go through all the trouble to revive love, I am definitely going to have it on display!
Speaking of vacation, I'm so excited!! Kjcheristy was so nice to say she would camp out at my place while I'm gone. I don't have any more $50 stereos for anyone to take, but I do have a $10 alarm clock that I'm sure someone has their eye on. I lured KJ in with Dr. G and Lifetime Movie Network shows and now she's stuck guarding my "valuables". Ha ha! Off to NYC I go!
I think it's great you want love to live ;)! I'm so happy that you've found someone great!! And your trip to NY sounds fun!
ReplyDeleteThanks Rachelle! I am pretty lucky, I have to admit. I miss you!!!
ReplyDelete