
Hooray! It's that time again! Last year I volunteered for the 6th annual Salt Lake Marathon and I had such a blast that I decided to do it again this year. A good friend of is over the volunteers for the finish line festival where everyone meets after the race. This is where the runners get snacks, awards, and can peruse the sponsors' merchandise. I can't even describe how inspiring it is to watch these amazing people run for 26 miles & the looks on their faces when they're done. The race is a huge fundraiser for the Huntsman Cancer Institute so you meet these incredibly selfless people who run their hearts out for people they may not even know. This is the first year I've known someone close to me with cancer. Although he doesn't know it, he's the first person that crossed my mind when Tunde asked for volunteers and I signed up for every shift immediately. Last year I told myself I'd train to do the 5k. Of course I promptly forgot until now so I'm sure I'll say the same thing this year. Maybe one of these years I'll actually do it! If anyone's interested in watching, volunteering, or participating next year, visit http://www.saltlakemarathon.com/ for more details.
No comments:
Post a Comment