Thursday, April 3, 2014

I accept your challenge!

So 3 days ago, Kami challenged me to a 30 day blogoff. And I showed up 3 days late. This is why I would have been a terrible dueler. But in all fairness, I wrote a post yesterday, forgot to click save, and promptly lost the whole thing. At that point I couldn't muster up enough to do the whole thing over again so three days late it is! (Draft saved) 

So how are all the peeps in blog land? I must admit it's been awhile since I had time enough to keep up on blogs. Which is sad really. I like cyberstalking all the folks who show me the best parts of their life and when the rare rough patch occurs, they somehow make it all seem so sweetly chaotic. Makes a girl worry about her own life's messiness. That is until I realize how many if these people are so stressed out from having to keep up the appearance of the life they created. Oh well, to each of us our own stresses I guess.  (Draft saved) 

See that crap ain't happening again!

Speaking of stress, what I was intending to write about yesterday was how difficult it is to reconcile the multiple voices in my head. I can't seem to decide who I want to be when I grow up. All I know is I want to be so much more than what I am today. I want to be the super successful office lady with the power suit and the pension. Fearlessly providing for her family despite the stereotypes thrown at her day to day. I want to be an equal breadwinner and family raiser with my supportive husband. I don't want to be the woman that works not because she HAS to but because she WANTS to. Sound counterintuitive? I don't want that because it implies my work is not as vital to my family as my husband's and I identify as a skilled working woman so that is a blow to my confidence. At the same time I want to work part time and devote my time to things I enjoy doing like crafts and helping people. I want to sleep in and play with my dogs and have a clean house. 

You see how these things don't exactly go hand in hand? Currently I'm stuck without a real focus, just vague ideas of how I want to feel about my life. Luckily I'm friends with some of the strongest, most confident, most successful women who are really winning at life. So tell me ladies, how did you pin down what you wanted from life and what steps did you take to get on the path? (Draft saved)
Obligatory dog photo below
Me: "Say cheese May!!"
The dog: "You're so embarrassing"

No comments:

Post a Comment