Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Thoughts on thoughts

Well I seem to be somewhat shy of poignant, shareable thoughts lately so I'm going to use Kami's post as a jumping off point. Go ahead and read and then come back to me. I'll wait. http://www.empoweredwithkami.com/blog/day-7-its-going-to-be-okay
Ok I know I mention this on a daily basis but I LUV this girl. Seriously folks. She has all the best thoughts.
What really resonated with me in the post, aside from connecting with the many times I've felt guilt for putting the fear of my own safety over the drive to help others, was the idea that there are options. Multiple options for reaching goals. I have had some interesting developments at work in recent times that have given me the opportunity to see that changes are coming. Unlike what I've experienced in the past, the changes have not turned my world upside down overnight. I know they are coming in the next year and I get to decide what I'll do about it. I must admit I'm disappointed a little because I've been much more fulfilled in the position I have had for the last few months. You know when you are able to put some of your own ideas into action and then you see positive results, it's rather gratifying. So to know I will only have another year at the most to really grow into this position is rather sad. However, I also know that was already going to be a time for huge change for me and my family. It has me thinking. Like I mentioned last time, I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I think this unique time is when I should start considering options and pursuing ways to get somewhere I'll feel fulfilled day in and day out. Am I right? Any suggestions? How did any of you come into your career paths of choice? 

How do I find something that will get me as motivated as a dog with a tennis ball?



No comments:

Post a Comment