"What is Relay For Life? Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society’s signature activity. It offers everyone in a community an opportunity to participate in the fight against cancer. Teams of people camp out at a local high school, park, or fairground and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event. Relays are an overnight event, up to 24 hours in length."http://www.relayforlife.org/relay/whatisrelay
How awesome is that? So lucky me, I get to be a part of it if only in a really small way. I have a tendency to get very emotional with the national anthem, being an Army brat and all, so we'll see how it goes. Maybe I can get someone to take some video...we'll have to see. :)

On the job front, things are getting tight. My "last day" is supposed to be May 9th which is quickly approaching, but there are 3 different positions in this office that I've applied for. I just wish there wasn't so much red tape so they could make a decision like yesterday! I have 2 interviews this week so cross your fingers that one of them works out.
This Saturday is Food Co-op pickup day. I still encourage everyone to participate in the food co-op so you can get fresh, local meats and veggies for a super good price! Plus everyone who volunteers is pretty wonderful so you have a good time as well. They have pickup sites all over the place and they only ask you to volunteer in the community 2 hours a month. For more info, visit their website at http://www.crossroads-u-c.org/cfc/. Since the first month I started last year, I'm hooked. No more crappy meat or produce for me! Plus, since you never know what vegetables you're getting until right before, I've really ventured into new territories with my cooking. I haven't made Hamburger Helper in ages! (no offense to Hamburger Helper of course)
Last, but definitely not least, an update for the ladies. I received an email today that Express is having one of their box sales with clothes starting at $9.99. I usually order online so I don't have to rummage through the in-store boxes, but whatever floats your boat. I totally take advantage of these sales when they have them. It's a great way to get high quality clothes at a normal price. Also, I received a catalog in the mail for a new store that reminds me of Forever 21. Ok, maybe they're not new, but new to me. Super cute clothes for an average of $20-$25 a piece. That includes the dresses! They're called Body Central and their website is http://www.bodyc.com/. I like these types of places for super trendy items that I won't wear for more than a couple years and for accessories. If a necklace or something breaks, I don't feel bad because it was fairly cheap. I'll comment on the Body Central clothing quality when I receive my shipment in a few days.
I hope everyone's Hump Day (middle of the week) is going stellar! Hang in there, it's almost Friday's Eve!
Wow that is so exciting about you singing!! I know what you mean about getting emotional I totally have the same problem...maybe it is an Army Brat thing. I am so excited that you put on here about Express because I never knew they did the box sale online!! I always thought you had to sort through the stupid boxes...which is why I never ended up with anything from them! lol!
ReplyDeleteI know the boxes are such a pain huh?? I got an email one day about the box sale which is how I discovered it. It's saved me sooo much time and effort. :)
ReplyDelete